Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday Treats

Tucker's 4th birthday was on Tuesday and because I'm not having his party until Saturday night I have all week to get ready.  The first bunch of goodies I made were the treat boxes for him to take to school and give to his friends.  Now, I had a crazy weekend and was short on time so they aren't nearly as cute as I had hoped (not to mention that I couldn't find boxes that held individual cupcakes so I had to work with these ones).  The kids liked them and the moms did too.  Cupcakes to take home that are wrapped up in a box?  Not too shabby for moms used to food all over the car :)

The boxes were with the cake decorating stuff at Michael's and the papers were on clearance.  I've actually had this ribbon for a long time and I got it at Costco.  If I'd had more time I probably would have drawn Mickey ears on all the dots (because I'm crazy like that).  I cut the tags by hand from white card stock and hand wrote on them.  The Mickey is a punch that I got.


This is what was inside.  Tucker picked strawberry banana cupcakes and I made my butter cream icing.  The toys are all from the party store.  I sent the extra dozen cupcakes in so they could have one in class without having to open all the boxes. 
Anyway, I'll post more treats tomorrow!

No comments: