Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another project down!

This project was shared with me a little while ago and I knew that I wanted to make a set for my house.  The originals with instructions are over at Shanty 2 Chic and they are so cute!  Those are shabby chic, and I like that style a lot, but it doesn't really go with my Christmas decor.  I'm all about the glitter and sparkle!  My fake tree is silver if that helps you understand :D

Anyway, here are the trees that I made...

I bought one large and two smaller styrofoam tree forms.  The ribbon all came from Wal-Mart (believe it or not) and I don't have a ruffler foot, but my mom came over one day and gathered it all for me after I told her I was too lazy and impatient to do it myself.  The candlestick bases are from Hobby Lobby and so are the glass doorknob tree toppers.  All on sale, woohoo!  I added a little more cheapo wired ribbon around the toppers to help hide the top and wrapped it around a pencil to give it that ringlet shape.  The bases are attached with liquid nails.
Anyway, I hope you like them!  I know I do :)

No comments: