I know that there are a lot of people out there that love Fall as much as I do. When you live in AZ, Fall is exciting because it means that summer is finally coming to and end (and summer seems like it will never end). We still have 103-105 degree temps here for as long as I can see on the weather, but while I'm inside I like to pretend that it's actually nice outside. :)
These projects were made for Xyron.
I didn't start with a shadow box, I started with a (much easier to find) scrapbook frame and went from there. An inexpensive way to get the shadow box look.
Fall Shadow Box and Fall Colors Layout By Jessica Barnett
Xyron 510 with Permanent Adhesive Cartridge
Xyron 150 with Permanent Adhesive Cartridge
Xyron Adhesive Runner and refill
12x12 Scrapbook Shadow Box Frame
5 – 12x12 Sheets of assorted fall patterned papers
1- 12x12 sheet Kraft cardstock
1 sheet 12x12 black cardstock
2 – 5x7 inch photos
Green, gold, orange and brown glitters
Green, yellow and brown glitter glue
Felt letter stickers
Assorted fall –themed embellishments
Foam adhesive dots
Ruler and black ink pen
Sand paper or nail file
Embroidery thread and needle
To Make Shadow Box:
1. To make the dividers, cut 4 strips of black paper into strips that are 2 inches wide and fit the length inside the frame. Score at ½ inch, 1 inch and 1 ½ inches. Fold the center score, the fold the two outside scores to make the dividers. Attach the middle of the divider to itself using the Xyron Adhesive Runner, and then attach the two flaps to the frame back using the runner. The first two strips should divide the frame into thirds in one direction. For the other lines, measure and cut the strips into smaller pieces that fit in between the solid strips that are already attached.
2. Cut 9 squares from the assorted patterned papers (measure the inside of the squares) then ink the edges and attach them inside the squares. These squares will cover the bottom flaps of the black paper.
3. Lay out your embellishments to fit inside the squares. Run the chipboard through the Xyron 510 and cover with glitter. Attach smaller embellishments using the Xyron Adhesive Runner. Tie knots through the holes in the buttons with the embroidery floss, and run the buttons through the Xyron 150 to attach them to the project. Attach some embellishments with adhesive foam dots.
To Make Layout:
1. Cut a 9” square from one of the patterned papers, ink the edge with black ink and attach it to the center of the kraft cardstock using the Xyron Adhesive runner.
2. Matte the two photos with black cardstock and one of the other patterned papers. Ink the edges and attach to the layout using the runner.
3. Add title with felt letters.
4. Glitter paper leaves using the Xyron 510. Attach to the layout using foam adhesive dots.
5. Fill in blank space with Fall stickers that have been sanded on the edges and inked.
6. Tie knots in buttons with embroidery floss and run through the Xyron 150 to attach them to the layout.
7. Use the pen and ruler to draw a thin line around the edge of the layout.