Friday, September 17, 2010

A secret recipe

Every time I make these cookie cups, I am asked for the recipe.  I sent some into school yesterday for one of the twins' teacher's birthday and he comes home saying that she wants the recipe.  That big secret recipe?  A chub of cookie dough and canned frosting.  Don't get me wrong, these things are delicious.  When I was younger, every time I went to the mall I had to get one of these at The Cookie Company.  These are great for a quick dessert to serve at a party because you can make a ton of them in no time.  I won't tell if you choose to keep the recipe a secret :)

Cookie Cups
Chub of Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough (this time I used the smaller one and it made 24 cups)
Homemade or canned (whipped style) butter cream frosting
mini muffin pans
decorating tip and bag
spoon (or that little Pampered Chef wooden tool for smooshing the dough into the cups)
Non-Stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray pans with non-stick cooking spray.
Break the dough into pieces and distribute evenly in the muffin pans.
Use tool to smoosh the balls of dough into each cup so that it takes the shape of the pan without gaps around the dough.
Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.  It may be more or less depending on whether you like your cookies soft and yummy or gross and crunchy, but 10 min is about right.
Allow to cool and remove from pans. (I will spin the cups as I take them out of the pans to try to keep them from breaking off into pieces.)
Use the decorating bag with tip to add a little bit of frosting to the middle of each cup.  (Only the whipped style of canned frosting can be piped like this, so don't just buy the regular stuff).
Decorate with sprinkles if you like!  Enjoy!

No comments: