Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HSN fabric projects!

I was asked to work with some fabric by Riley Blake Designs and the Xyron Creatopia to make projects for HSN.  The fabric is adorable and I had a lot of fun working with it!
Here's what I made:


I made this first because I had to make something for a boy!  Everyone makes projects and clothes for girls and there's so little out there for boys.  It's a real bummer when you have four sons and no daughters :)  I like to have cute stuff for my kids too!  I drew the tie myself and cut it out, then added the Xyron Fabric Adhesive to it so it was like a big sticker.  Once I had it where it needed to be I just did a quick zigzag stitch around the edge.



To go along with that, I made a little girl's t-shirt into a dress.  My ruffler foot came in pretty handy on that skirt :)  I got to use my Xyron Fabric Adhesive on the flower applique and on the ribbon that I added.  It makes it so easy!  I didn't hem the skirt, I just serged the edge.  I like that it looks a little rough.



The last project I made was this little wall hanging/doll quilt.  I used the fabric adhesive for the hearts that I appliqued onto the white squares.  And those hearts?  Cut them out using a Spellbinders Die made for Xyron.  It's really cute in person :)

Be sure to keep an eye out for the Xyron Creatopia on HSN tomorrow and let me know if you see any of my stuff!

No comments: